Obtaining a Firearms Licence in Queensland
STEPS TO OBTAINING YOUR “H” FIREARMS LICENCE.
- Submit a completed Statement of Eligibility Form (QP 0515) to a Qld Police Station.
- Join an approved pistol club.
- Be a financial member of an approved pistol club for 6 months.
- Participate in an minimum of 3 competitions in a 6 month period
- Successfully complete a Firearms Safety Course with an accredited trainer.
- Obtain a Letter from your Approved Pistol Club stating that you are a member and have completed the required number of shoots.
- Complete your Application for a Licence (Form 1)
- Take your Application, payment and 100 points of ID to a Queensland Police Station or apply on line.
The following is a guide to completing a Form 1 and the Application Form.
This should provide all the information that you need. If not please contact our Weapons Licensing Liaison Office.